Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to know about MAD Trust
Stay in Touch
Subscribe to our regular MAD newsletter and keep up to date
with all of our news
The Hardship Fund
The Make A Difference Trust Hardship Fund is set up to support individuals in the entertainment industry who are struggling to cope with some of the uncertainties that come about when living with a chronic illness.
The Fund is accessible to anyone within the industry from performers, stage managers and concession workers to tech staff, wardrobe, box office staff or theatre administrators.
The aim of the Fund is not to replace existing statutory funding and is also not there to create a dependency on its services.
Each of the three programmes has a different access criteria and operational area which is explained in the appropriate pages. The Make A Difference Trust however has a standard definition of chronic ill health which it looks to support and this is as follows:
- HIV and AIDS and medically related conditions
- Respiratory disease (for example, COPD, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, severe clinically controlled asthma)
- Recurrent cardiovascular disease (for example, heart disease and stroke)
- Mobility conditions (for example Multiple Sclerosis )
The Hardship Fund programmes will NOT cover:
- Rent or mortgage arrears accumulated before the crisis being presented to the Trust
- Council tax payments
- Motor vehicles
- Personal Insurances
- Funeral Costs
- Repatriation Costs
- Legal Costs
- Costs which are readily available from statutory supports
- Any debts in respect of Credit cards/Banks/Companies etc.